I’ve been trying to look at my script in different ways, and looked carefully at John K.’s Ren & Stimpy outline script for “Stimpy’s Invention”, and thinking about this letter I found by him, critical of Jay Ward’s overly scripted stuff:
I have the film basically blocked out below, which is allowing me to switch stuff around easily to see how it feels, and the chunks are not “scripted” so much as referencing stuff in my head, and I can add in details as I think of them.
May 3, 2012
Outline: Blue Blazes
Open on Elizabeth How, as a nice colonial woman. Voiceover reads some of the stuff from Cotton Mather’s version fo the case.
1) JOHN HOW refusing to take her to Court
2) JOHN HOW ‘s sow jumped up in the air and died
3. ACCUSATIONS IN COURT
1) HANNAH PERLEY’s fits
2) Cow choking on a turnip
3) Broken fence rails
4) “poison” apple
4. ELIZABETH HOW’S LAUGHTER
1) Gossiping between ELIZABETH and another woman / laughter
2) Mary Cummings puts two and two together.
5. DENYING JAMES HOW JR.
1) JAMES HOW JR. asks to borrow a horse
2) ISAAC JR. dicks him around on the horse/mare question, then refuses him
6. CURING THE HORSE
1) Horse is obviously sick
2) Disagreement between ISAAC SR. and TOM about pipe cure
3) Applying the lit pipe to the fundament
4) Blue blazes!!!
5) Putting out the fire
7. VERDICT & SENTENCE
1) Jury finds ELIZABETH HOW guilty
2) Judge passes sentence
8. THE END
1) Elizabeth How hangs. Voiceover reads some of the critical stuff from Calef.